At Elevated Well-being, we understand that taking the first step towards mental health recovery can be challenging, especially when dealing with trauma, anxiety, depression, or similar conditions. That’s why we are pleased to let you know that we can offer Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy in the comfort and safety of your home through our online telehealth services
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) is recognised as an effective psychological approach for treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and various other mental health issues. This therapy model is backed by extensive research, including more than 25 randomised control trials, demonstrating its efficacy. Furthermore, the World Health Organization (WHO) officially recommends EMDR for managing PTSD, highlighting its significant therapeutic impact.
Why Choose Online EMDR Therapy?
Accessibility for All: If you’re managing a tight schedule, residing in remote areas, or facing other challenges our online EMDR sessions ensure EMDR is accessible to everyone. Connect with our EMDRAA-accredited psychologists and therapists via virtual sessions, no matter where you are in Australia.
Stress-Free and Comfortable: Our online EMDR therapy allows you to engage in your healing process from an environment that you find most comforting – be it your cozy living room, garden, or any personal safe space.
Time-Efficient: We value your time. Online therapy removes the need for travel.
Our Approach to Online EMDR: Elevated Well-being is committed to delivering a comprehensive EMDR experience. Our therapy sessions involve visual and optional audio bilateral stimulation, which are pivotal in processing traumatic memories, thoughts, and feelings. We use advanced digital tools to provide the same level of care and effectiveness as in-person sessions, ensuring your journey to recovery is uninterrupted and holistic.
How does EMDR Therapy work?
EMDR Therapy is a psychological treatment based on the idea that negative thoughts, feelings and behaviours stem from unprocessed memories of stressful or traumatic experiences. The structured treatment focuses simultaneously on a) an upsetting issue or traumatic memory and its associated thoughts, feelings and sensations, and b) bilateral stimulation that is in the form of repeated eye movements.
How will Online EMDR Therapy help me?
Online EMDR Therapy operates on the principle that unresolved memories from distressing events are the root of certain psychological issues. It addresses these through a structured process that focuses on a) the disturbing memory and its associated emotional and physical responses, and b) dual-attention stimulation, achieved through guided eye movements. This approach aims to facilitate the processing of these memories, promoting healing and symptom resolution.
Online EMDR – where it can help
While EMDR Therapy was originally developed for PTSD, it is also an effective treatment for a range of other psychological issues, including:
- Anxiety – EMDR can help people with anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), social anxiety disorder, and specific phobias.
- Chronic pain – EMDR has been used to address the underlying psychological distress associated with the condition.
- Complicated grief – EMDR can be effective in processing unresolved emotions and traumas related to grief.
- Depression – EMDR can be beneficial in addressing depression by targeting associated traumas and negative beliefs.
- Panic Attacks – EMDR therapy can aid in reducing the intensity and frequency of panic attacks though processing the fears and memories feeding these.
- Personality disorders – EMDR can be integrated into the treatment of certain personality disorders to address past traumas and improve coping mechanisms.
- Phobias – EMDR’s ability to desensitise distressing memories can make it an effective treatment for various phobias
Are you looking for online EMDR? Contact our mental health professionals today to book in an appointment.